1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Traynor DB200 DB400 combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Noobs, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    Has anyone had experience with either of the two. Primarily the 400. I'm wondering if I can drive external cabinets off them.Like a 2x10. Thanks

2. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I've only played the Yorkville versions of each, but they are quite similar. You can drive external speakers from either. I used the 200 (Yorkville) for about a year and sometimes drove an extension Yorkville 1x15 from it. It sounded pretty big. The 400 is even better and has more flexibility and a lot more power. They're well made and have a great record for reliability and a 2 year, even if you break it warranty. The Traynor Dynabass 400 has been "revoiced" over the original Yorkville and sounds better.

3. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    Great, no issues with the tweeters or anything? It looks real nice. I'd like to run a 2x10 from it. I have seen alot of positives about Traynor/ Yorkville here. I think I have finally made up my mind

4. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I just returned my DB200. It sounded good on it's own, but is a real "soft" 200 watts. Nice practice amp, but I found it very lacking in a band situation. I was so excited about this amp...very disappointed.

That being said, I am a HUGE Yorkie/Traynor fan & am now awaiting another Yorkville XS400H (original version of the DB400 head) to replace the one I traded for the DB200. LOVE that amp.

5. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    I am leaning towards the DB400 . I need thump. Can you turn the tweeter down on these ? I'm not sure??

6. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    I don't know if it has an actual level, but you can defeat it I believe.

Last I heard the DB400s are still 2-3 weeks (probably more?) away from shipping...FYI.

7. Noobs

Noobs

Feb 11, 2008
    Great info 62 and loend thanks much