1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Traynor Dynabass 50 and 100 combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 62bass, Feb 25, 2008.

1. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I called the L&M store in Burlington, Ontario this afternoon to check on when these new models will be in stock. The manager says that they don't have them yet but "possibly in the spring" and they're waiting on some "manufacturing stuff" to be sorted out. It's ceretainly been a very long wait.

Just thought I'd report in as there have been a number of people interested in them.

2. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Tell me about it! XM models are available, but folks are really after the new DynaBass stuff...

3. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    Just got my DB200 today! Even had to contact Yorkville/Traynor directly to find some in the warehouse (there were 9)...

It seems that the CANADIAN MADE ;) DB series are starting to ship, but the overseas ones are delayed?

Nice amp so far -- a little smaller & lighter than I expected, but that's not a bad thing....

Anxiously waiting for rehearsal on Wednesday!

4. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    you ordered from them DIRECTLY???

5. Mcrelly

Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    I hope the DB series is a little more laid back in the mids than the xm series. kinda like the old black N Blue combos... yet just as loud AND lighter...

6. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    I used one of the blue combos, the 400 I think, that had the graphic eq in place of rotary controls in a rehearsal studio. I found that one very midrangy and boxy. Lots of power though. But I didn't play much with the 200 watt combo which had rotary controls. I think those were all under the Yorkville brand.

Too bad about the delay with the smaller 50 and 100 watt combos. I really want to see if they actually can get the weight of the 50 down to their advertised 18 lbs versus the 30 lbs of the current Yorkville XM50C.

7. loendmaestro

loendmaestro Supporting Member

Jan 15, 2004
    Vienna VA
    No, just spoke with someone there in customer service about the "supply chain".