1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Traynor SB115 On Way

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Seanbassplayer, Jan 27, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    Just wanted to share which Traynor small block combo I decided on which is the SB115. I got a really good deal on a used one for 385 cad which works out to about 290 us. Should be here mid next week and will post results as I plan on running my Mesa Subway Preamp pedal into the aux input. It's the closest I can get on a budget to a real subway d800. I was able to noodle around in the store on a new one and man I can't wait. Had Input gain and master volume maxed out and could not believe this thing sounded like it wasn't even breaking a sweat..No mud,no harsh just clean awesome sound and tone.It is really, I mean really loud and sure it can keep its place in a rock band setting at jam or even small medium sized gigs no problem.Cheers and have a great weekend TB!!

Linnin and Basically Bob like this.
  2. Basically Bob

Basically Bob Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2008
    Simcoe, Ontario
    Looking forward to hearing how the Mesa Preamp works out!

Seanbassplayer likes this.
  3. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    Will def give an update once on hand next week!!

Linnin likes this.
  4. Seanbassplayer

Seanbassplayer

Oct 14, 2016
    image. View attachment 1047640 View attachment 1047640 I received my sb115 today and plugged in via aux in with a 1/4" TS X 1/4" TS and sounded fantastic. I plugged in through the amp passive input with Mesa subway pedal and without as well and sounded ok but it def sounds best through aux in for sure.After noodling a bit I found my 1/4"TS cable a bit jonky must be loose wire so the only other cable I have atm was a XLR female X 1/4" TS so I plugged it from preamp out to aux in and works like a charm. I am so happy and although the Traynor sb115 internal preamp is actually quite clean the Mesa subway sounds more natural and articulate so I am far beyond impressed and very happy with the new setup. Now the hunt still continues for a nice drive pedal to accommodate the Mesa subway. @agedhorse thank you so much for your input on helping me get to where I am. Cheers!

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    wyleeboxer and Basically Bob like this.