Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traynor TS 158??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bass_drum, Jul 16, 2005.

1. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    Hey guys, I jsut finished talking with a guy who is selling a traynot ts 158 amp half stack. He said the cabinet was 2x15. He also said it was 24 watts?? but i dont think I heard him right when he said that. Its a full tube head.

The few things I'm wondering are: Will it be muddy? Will it be to bassy without any clarity? How bad will this be to move around?

I was originaly looking for a 4x10 cab, but then I came across this for 80$ canadian (the guy is moving away and needs to sell it quickly).

~JB~

2. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    80 bucks is a no-brainer if it works.
    if you don 't like it clean it up and double or triple your money.
    d

3. bass_drum

bass_drum

Feb 13, 2005
    Alberta,Canada
    how much would you say it is worth then?

He said it doesnt look like much, cause its been beaten up, but it has a great resonance sound.

4. Groundloop

Groundloop

Jun 21, 2005
    Toronto
    I've never heard of a TS 158, and I can't find any reference to one on Yorkville's site. The closest thing I can find to your description is the TS 25B combo that was made in the late '70's. For more information check here.
    Traynors tube amp names usually start with 'Y' (YB=Bass, YG=G****r), so I'm thinking the seller has his information scrambled. That being said, if it is a tube amp, for $80 I'd jump all over it. If it's SS, I'd take a long look at it, and probably still pick it up.
    Hard to say if the cab will be any good, there's so many variables. My vote is, if you can lay your eyes on it and make sure it works, go for it. Eighty bucks is a small price to pay for a small piece of Canadian amp history. :D