1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Traynor YBA-1 updates & mods

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CzarMike, Oct 29, 2002.

1. Does anyone have any good recommendations for upgrading or updating my old Traynor YBA-1? I'm taking it to my tube-amp tech next week and would like to make him a list, already on it are:
    Install a 3 prong power cord, and Change old caps & misc (using orange drops).
    I'd like the channel volume controls to be better, right now you pretty much decide between 1/2 or 1, which is very quiet or outrageously loud. Any suggestions? Anything that can make my beast closer sounding to an SVT would also be great, although I realize that it is probably impossible.

I know there used to be a big internet Traynor crowd, but that seems to have died out, so any tips or suggestions you have are much appreciated!!
    Thanks a million,
    Mike

2. gmann

gmann

Mar 1, 2001
    Hey Czar
    What year is your YBA-1? I've got a '66 with the 215 cabinet.

3. Mine is a '68, sn2938. How do you like yours? I'm kind of up in the air with mine, hopefully after the big update it'll be a new machine.