Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traynor YBA 200 "( Compatibility) " ???????

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by peekypoo, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Traynor YBA 200 "( Compatibility) " ?????????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I can get a decent tone under 5, "I preety much keep everything else flat".

I have Bergantino HT115 , and HT210 cabs. My GK 1001RB shakes the walls with this setup.

I think there was a thread with this "Compatibility" issue with Bergantino cabs somewhere.

Any help would be greatly appreciated..

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    The Berg cabs should work if the impedances match the output impedance of the YBA-200.

3. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Yes, there was. I can't find it at the moment, but I recall there were folks that were displeased with the Traynor/Berg setup. The general consensus (of the two or three who had tried it) was that they were a bad match.

That thread was probably about a year ago.

EDIT: Found it....

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146615

4. Thanks Gentlemen ,

That's the thread.

"What to do now "!? Go with Schroeder ? Aguilar ? ;) :bassist:

5. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    I guess that depends on whether you want a different head to mate with the Berg, or a different cab to mate with the Traynor.

As you can see from the other thread, I've used the YBA with a Schroeder 21012 for some time now..... still very pleased with the combination....

6. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Anyone using the yba-200 with an Ampeg 8X10? I'm picking up a used 8X10 tomorrow at a local store. I didnt like it with my Avatar 212 Neo, hoping this will be a better setup.

7. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I'd bag the head before bagging Berg cabs.

8. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    This New Years gig with the 8X10 is gonna be the deciding factor on the head for me. Next stop will be the Fender 300 if things dont work out :ninja:

9. I would try searching that amp in this forum. It is an amp I am interested in myself. IIRC it seems everyone swaps out the power tubes with JJ's or Svetlana's, as the factory ones seem to be considered for crap.

It also seems many swap out preamp tubes in it. I can't recall which ones were most popular though. Another thing I have seemed to notice, with all tube amps in general. That sealed cabs seem to be more popular for use with all tube amps.

10. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    fyi the thread posted above was about a dislike for the YBA with berg NV cabs not the HT cabs you say you have. very very different. the thread really doesnt apply to your situation. the HT cabs like clean SS power the best thats probably why you like the GK head with them better. i agree with cheezewiz, ditch the head before the cabs.

11. Getting myself a Thunder Funk :bassist:

12. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    let us know how the TF works with the HT 210/115!

13. denton57

Nov 1, 2005
    Just had my yba-200 looked at by a repair guy. I had swapped the preamp tubes right after purchace for some 12at7 NOS mullards. Seems that was my volume problem. He stuck in some ax7 Ruby tubes and....VOLUME! A lot louder. :hyper:

14. Definately sounds awesome with Yorkville's 808 cab.