1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

traynor yba 200 hissing?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by panazza, Oct 8, 2006.

1. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    Do other YBA200 users find this amp hissing, compared to other tube heads?

2. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    bumpy bump

3. My unit has more hiss than before. I'm going to eventually do a socket retention and cleaning to see if that helps, but most other users don't seem to have the issue (at least after searching here). Oh well.

Jay

4. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    So you mean hiss as in the noise floor is being raised - not hum correct?

I played the piss out of my 200 last night and while I was getting some unwanted hum (from a pooping ground in the rehearsal studio) I did not experience any audible hissing or wooshing or anything else I attribute to a raised noise floor.

I got Kt88's in mine as well as a 12AX7 in V1.

5. Treble up to high? That's about the only way mine with get a lil hissy. Usually though it's really quiet.

try the ground lift maybe?

6. My treble is at 3.5...almost completely down. With the stock 6550s the hiss (yes it's a noise floor issue) is much less audible after taking the amp out of standby than with the EH KT-88s.

As I understand the design - the ground lift only affects the DI feed...I tried it anyway with no change.

Jay

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 21, 2021