1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

Traynor YBA 300 And Acme Low B wattage match question.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Juice, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Opinions? I know the general agreement is 1000 plus watts, but I've heard success with 300 watt Ampeg SVTs.

2. Purple

3. I would imagine the yba300 and some Acme's would rock.

I use 400 watts per with my Low B2's. Usually don't have to turn the amp up much... maybe 10 O'clock on the master. eden WT800

4. Wasnex

Wasnex

Dec 25, 2011
    1000W with a Low B4 sounds about right. I used to run a Low B2 with about half that much. Whether at Low B4 will work well with a 300W tube head depends on how loud you need to play and the sound you want. The sensitivity for the Low B4 is listed as 96dB 1W/1M.

IMHO, the Low Bs are not super tight even with a big solid state amp. I suspect you might get a woolly mess in the low end with an all tube tube head due to reduced damping.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 12, 2021