Traynor YBA200-2 With Extras

Discussion in 'For Sale: Europe & International' started by jmlee, Nov 2, 2011.

1. jmlee

jmlee Catgut? Not funny. Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada

I have a Traynor YBA200-2 amp in mint condition. This amp was likely made shortly after introduction of the -2 series: that is, it has four 6550 output tubes but does not have the auto-bias feature that was possibly the source of some trouble. I have replaced the 2 x 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 x 6550 output tubes with new, matched Electro-Harmonix tubes from TubeDepot. The output tube bias has been correctly set—I'm a biomedical engineering professor in my day job. The result was a louder, cleaner head. The amp looks and performs like new.

I'll include the original Sovtek tubes with the sale and a Tube Cube ($49) from TubeDepot with them (TubeCube and TubeCube Pro). The amp has a nice (unpadded) leather composite cover from CoverAmp.com.

This head has seen very little performance use. I acquired it at the time that my electric playing in public pretty much ended. I'm all about upright these days and much quieter gigs.

Price: $500 CDN to Canada plus shipping or $500 US to states plus shipping..

I'll ship to Canada and the continental U.S., double boxed. Buyer pays actual shipping costs with insurance based on actual invoice that I'll provide for verification. Again, with my day job, we ship a lot of electronic gear. I can remove the tubes for shipping if you prefer. Traynor just ships the heads upside down to ensure that the output tubes stay seated.

Payment via PayPal preferred.

Attached Files:

2. 03leigj

03leigj

May 23, 2011
    Any chance of shipping to the uk?

3. jmlee

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Sure, I'd do that. Any customs tarrifs/brokerage etc. would be at your cost. But I don't mind doing the leg work at this end.

4. 03leigj

03leigj

May 23, 2011
    So what would the price be with uk shipping etc? Without the any of the extra costs for actually getting in the country

5. jmlee

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    PM sent.

6. jmlee

Jun 16, 2005
    Halifax, Nova Scotia
    Sold locally.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021