Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traynor YBA200 and YBX1510

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Lecollectif, Sep 21, 2004.

1. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    So after a bit of time saving up my hard earned cash, I now have enough money to purchase a bit more gear. Being that I don't make all that much, my options are quite limited. I thought I was doomed to settle with Behringer stuff, but I stumbled upon the new Traynor get up for roughly the same cost. I've read really good things about the YBA200 but haven't heard too much about the matching YBX1510 cab.

Anyone in these parts own and use both together?

How are they in terms of tone, loudness, and durability? Pros? Cons?

Thanks.

2. There is a pretty good bit of threads one this. It's what I plan on getting. Do a search for YBA200. I know tmu has this setup.

3. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I've had this rig for almost two months now. It's pretty sweet, haven't gigged it yet, in about 2.5 weeks that'll change but it sounds great at home. Plenty of bottom, not tons of midrange but more than enough to give you good punch. It's warm but doesn't have to be, I really like it. The YBX is a good cab, it really matches up well with the tube head.

4. tmu

tmu

Mar 14, 2004
    Hi. I would definitely recommend this rig. It is a step above the behringer, and the warranty is amazing (2 year even if you drop it off the roof, and 10 year on the cabinetry). Made in Canada, rather than China; tube (which I love). I have just finished recording a full length with it. While generally I will do direct line in and through amp, I only used the amp mikes (2); this amp adds a lot of depth and clarity to my bass (84 Precision). Highly recommended, especially for rock, jazz... actually, for anything!

5. Lecollectif

Lecollectif

Mar 2, 2004
    Toronto
    Awesome. Thanks everyone. I think I'm pretty much sold (short of trying her out).

Just one last question. Gigging is pretty much all this amp is going to be used for as my band's practice space already has a nice rig. We don't play huge shows (usually100-400 people). Is this thing going to be loud enough to be used live with two loud guitars, a synth, and a drummer that tries to kill his skins? Or at least a stage monitor?

6. I would say it more than just a step above behringer, just because the amp is priced lower than an ampeg, orange or mesa does not make it worse in anyway. Prices mostly reflect the branding and marketing strategies and is a tool that companies use to "position" their products. Granted this is not always the case and the higher prices are justifiable sometimes, but generally i have found it a mistake to guage qulality with price.

7. the matching cab imo was a little too muddy.

8. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I sincerely doubt you'll find it to be too quiet, mine is every bit as loud as my GK 700RB-II into a 410, if it's not cuttin the mustard add a second cab the thing runs at 2 ohms without a problem. But it's plenty loud and powerful through the YBX1510.