1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

traynor YBA200 + eden D410XLT - anyone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by panazza, Dec 10, 2006.

1. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    I run this setup and I find its behaviour strange when pushed really hard. The power amp seems to lose control of the cab's drivers.

for "pushing really hard" I mean power amp nearly maxed and gain past 12 o' clock. it gets really LOUD...

I can't max the power amp volume because it seems that the cab is going to exlpode. It runs well till 15 o'clock of the master volume, then it starts to fart...

does anybody play this rig? any advice/comment?

thanks....:D

2. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    bump

3. chadds

chadds

Mar 18, 2000
    Could the fact that this is a ported cab cause the speakers to extend without adequate dampening that a SS head would give?
    Is your bass boosted excessively? That could cause this excursion.

4. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    going further on chadds comment... if that's the case, than you should keep resonance at 0

5. panazza

panazza

Nov 23, 2003
    italy
    I always keep resonance at 0 and I cut the lower frequencies...

does any tube head have dampening issues with a ported cab? or could it be that this particular head does have a lower damping factor?

maybe I should get a sealed cab, but I'll miss the efficiency of the eden cab. :eyebrow: