Traynor YBA200(problem)!!(help)!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hondo8671, Feb 4, 2005.

1. hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    i was playing today and i had it cranked up! and i looked at the amp and the first power tube got real brite then it went away! then the next tube to it got real brite and made a poping sound then it went back to normal!! wierd!! when this happend the amp got real low on sound output! now it smells like something is burnt! but it plays ok! but i turned it off! and called the dealer! lets see how Yorkville deals with this! has any one seen this on any tube amps????

thanx Hondo8671
  2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
    Well, you have two things going for you:

1) Yorkville/Traynor has a two-year "even if you break it" warranty on that amp, and,

2) Since they haven't been out for two years, yours is still in the warranty period.

Good luck getting it turned around quickly....
  3. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    I'm a Yorkville dealer and just recently had this happen to a customer's amp. Exactly as you described it. My tech took a look inside, and thinks that a tube shorted and took out a resistor. The amp has only been in service for about 2 weeks. I called my Yorkville rep, and they are going to do an exchange! No waiting for a repair. Their customer service is some of the best in the industry. NEVER have I had a single problem with them.
    That being said, I've sold a bunch of YBA-200 heads, and this is the first one to have any issues. It's probably not a design issue, probably a batch of "iffy" tubes from Sovtek. I've had such bad luck with Sovtek tubes that I refuse to use, or sell them anymore.