Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traynor YBA200 questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by learning_towalk, Jul 7, 2004.

1. I was wondering if any of you YBA200 owners have soundclips that you could post.

also, do you think an upright would sound good going into one if I was running a 210/115 cab set up?

I'm about 99% sure that this is the head that I want but I haven't been able to use/hear it yet.

so please describe the sound....I don't want it to be too overdriven I like a clean sound, I have used old SVT's before and they were great for just the fat clean tone that I'm looking for, can the YBA provide this too?

2. I ordered one and it should be in my possession hopefully by this weekend. I'll post a review after extensive live testing

Jorg

3. where did you order yours from? I can't find an online store that carries em...also what'd you give for yours? I saw a guy on here a while back selling em for 579....but can't remember who it was.

4. GrapeBass

GrapeBass

Jun 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Graphic designer: Yorkville Sound
    WARM and FAT is true... tubilicious harmonic content... The amp is fairly bright compared to solid state amps, mainly because of the harmonic content that tube amps excel with... I'm not sure how a Double Bass would sound through it, but if you used an STV, I don't think it'll be too far fetched... I use Ground-Round-Wound strings and they sound amazing through this amp...

I may have something I recorded, I'm just not at home now, maybe later...

Jb

5. i haven't used an upright through a head...i've only mic'ed em and ran em into the PA, but with my new rig I wanna get a custom A/B box with three inputs on it (one for fretted,one for fretless,and one for upright) so I can switch back and forth between basses quickly in live situations.

6. Talk to Corey www.rockcityguitar.com
    or is it www.rockcityguitars.com (?)

I think he might have 1 left. Paid $619.00 incl. shipping.

:cool:

7. Rock City

Rock City

Apr 8, 2001
    Boston,Ma
    Yup.....they're in stock...and going fast!
    Corey ;)

8. ill be sure to record some soundclips tommorow(with an electc but better than nothing) using its DI as i don't have any mics that are good enough but i might be able to borrow one and get miced sound samples on the weekend. with an electc but better than thing

9. awesome! I will mostly be using it with electric....but on occasion will also use upright