Traynor YBA200 questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by corrosiontrav, Jan 27, 2006.

1. corrosiontrav

Sep 9, 2005
    I've decided that I'm going to pull the trigger on the YBA200. I'm thinking I'm either going to get an Avatar 2x12 and Avatar 2x10 for cabs. I don't have any Traynor dealers in the area here and I'm wondering who carries them as far as ordering goes. Also what model of avatars would go well with this head?
  2. I tried a YBA200 with an avatar 2x12 Neo and it was not a good match at all, the cab could not handle any setting the amp threw at it, it was constant speaker distortion. I have not tried any other avatar cabs, but I can tell you the head soiunds great with any ampeg cab. I have tried it through a 2x10+4x10, a 6x10, 8x10 and 4x12. My favorites were the 4x12 and 610HLF.
  3. corrosiontrav

Sep 9, 2005
    Thanks! A local Ampeg dealer here has a 4x12 cab that I'll have to check out.
  4. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    I agree with Bassboysam. I don't like the YBA through the Avatar Neo 212, no matter how much I try to make it work. I bought an Ampeg 8x10. I cant really comment on it yet... Its living at our practice site for right now--a huge empty metal building at our drummers house. I hate practicing in there. No matter how much I turn up, I can barely hear myself. :( So I cant comment yet on the 8x10