Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Traynor YBA200 street price?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Ben Clarke, Jan 18, 2005.

1. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    How 'bout it? It seems Traynor prohibits internet sales, as I haven't been able to google up a number anywhere. What's a fair price for one of these?

BTW, I did already think of calling a dealer. there are several in my neck of the woods, and the US distributor is as well. I'm stupidly busy during retail business hours, though, and just haven't been able to...

2. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA
  3. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    L&M retails them in Canada for $855...I think that's about $700 US or less...you'd have to check with a local retailer to be sure though...and while Yorkville doesn't sell directly, I don't think they "prohibit" internet sales...

edit- what's the current conversion rate? I calculated at about $1.25...

4. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    I got mine for 599 + Tax at a shop here in Memphis, TN. This thing kills through my Ampeg 810.

Dirk

5. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    I bought one for 570 cash out the door west of Chicago.

6. Ben Clarke

Ben Clarke Liquidating to fund a new business. Buy My Gear!

Jan 6, 2005
    Western NY
    Thanks guys. I was assuming they discouraged internet distribution, only because I had trouble finding any prices.

7. 3flowoj

3flowoj

Jan 13, 2005
    Morton IL
    Hey Ralphdaddy,

What shop west of Chicago did you get your Traynor?

At that kind of price, I want to give them my business.

8. Ralphdaddy

Ralphdaddy Supporting Member

Nov 6, 2003
    Chicago, Illinois
    Modern Music in Lisle, Illinois. I can't recall the address but if you google them you'll find the store. They were AMAZING, friendly, warm and they made me a good deal. You'd be smart to go there, good luck!

9. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    +1 :hyper:

I asked Corey that question when I first called him about buying my Yorkville XM200C. He told me they would be around $600.00

10. bigbeefdog

bigbeefdog Who let the dogs in?

Jul 7, 2003
    Mandeville, LA