Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rock bassist 81, Aug 16, 2002.

1. I am using a Traynor TBA-1 Bass Master head. It is all tube and has plenty of power (i have never had to turn it past 3). On the back of the head it says 200 watts, but i have done resurch all over the internet and have only found the YBA-1 listed as a 50 watt tube amp. The amp works fine and i have replaced the tubes once since i have got it (2 years ago). So there is no problem with it, i am just wondering if anyone has any info. on the Traynor YBA-1 Bass Master. Any help?
  2. I have a 1972 Traynor YBA-1 BassMaster. I love it. I gig with at regularly. Its what I bring to the resturants. I bought it for 87$ at a pawn shop. I re-tubed and re-capped it as well as clean it and install grounded power chord.
    Good Luck
  3. it has 4 output tubes, i think. all together there are 6, and i know that 2 are power tubes... what does the accessory socket do??
  4. it is not a guitar amp, how do i know this?? because it says Bass Master on the front. that is one thing i am sure of. Although you can use it for guitar allong with bass, it is primarely a bass amp.
  5. Velkov

Jan 17, 2001
    Lansdowne, Ontario
    Go to Yorkville's web page and look for the manual. If they don't have it there email them. They are very helpful. They even gave me a schematic of my Bloc 250B.
  6. RevGroove

RevGroove Commercial User

Jul 21, 2002
    Burlington ON Canada
    Manager, Account Services: Long & McQuade Ltd. (Burlington); MTD Kingston Basses International Emerging Artist; Bartolini Electronics Emerging Artist
    I used the Bass Master 200 head for awhile as a guitarist. Apparently it can be "tuned" for guitar or bass, either or.

As Velkov said, contact Yorkville Sound. In fact, I think they have info about the head in their vintage pages, check it out!