1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TRB1006 face off with RBXJM2

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Jul 17, 2007.

1. TRB1006

24 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. RBXJM2

12 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Which is the best 6string bass? Or more versatile?

2. sobie18

sobie18

May 5, 2002
    Shaw AFB, SC
    The TRB for some odd reason...Better choice in my opinion.

3. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Both are great basses, but imho the TRB will be more versatile with the double pickups. The RBXJM2's pickup has a massive attack (I actually had to drop it about 1/8"). I already have a 4 string TRB which is one reason why I got the RBXJM. Also, TRB's are 35" scale, the JM2 is 34" scale and the string spacing is narrower on the JM2 as well.

4. TRB most def. To me it has great playability and is more comfortable to play. Also like Xym said, that string spacing on the JM2 is tight, and I got big hands so its a lil tougher.

5. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    Yes, the spacing took some getting used to, and switching between the two basses in a set was hairy before I did get used to it.

6. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Both are nice instruments. I concur that the TRB may have a more fexible tone approach with two pickups, but if you happen to like the sound of the Myung, it does that sound better than the TRB.

Also, the TRB is a bigger bass body than the Myung, with a wider board.

It's all preference, quality control is good for both. I voted TRB in a close race.

7. I personally like RBX's more, I like the sound you get.... but i guess this wasnt exactly a contest when it comes to versatility, the 1006 is made for anyone to do anything, the JM was made for exactly that, John Myung, and Dream Theater's sound. IMO RBX has a better sound, but TRB is more versatile.

Better Question
    TRB6P/II
    TRB6JP2?

8. TheXym

TheXym

Oct 19, 2006
    well said about the comparison between the 2.

9. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Thanks for all the replies. I am going to pull the trigger on the TRB1006. :D