TRBII5 or BB2005??Please help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tomdabass, Apr 19, 2004.

1. tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    HI! I just wondered if anyone could help me to choose between these two awesome basses. Does anyone has expiriences?? Thanx!
  2. rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Correct me if I'm mistaken - but you were you referring to the TRB5PII? I've never tried the BB2005, but I've tried the TRB and I've found it to be a really great bass.
    The neck's kinda wide, but it's slim so it's still pretty fast. Action is really low, (not crazy low... if there's a difference) and the B string is real tight.
    Tone-wise, it's really versatile. It's deep, smooth and ballsy.
    As it has been said many a time by even more people... the best way for you to figure which one's best for yourself is to go down to a yammy dealer and try them out. Don't be suprised if you find that there are really distinct differences between 2 of the same model.
    Check out this thread <a href="">Yamaha Basses</a> for more info.
    Happy hunting!! :D
  3. Dr.SixString

Apr 30, 2002
    Get the BB2005, the TRB5II is cool (I have a TRB6II,) but the first version (TRB5, I have two of them:D) sounds much better. The TRB piezo neckthrough body basses (TRB5PII,TRB6PII) are the best but check out the prices first:)
    As I suggested above, get the BB2005, no doubt!

My (bolt on!) TRB's:
  4. If I'm not wrong, the TRBs have a 35" scale and BBs have a 34". Can anyone confirm?
  5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Yup. My TRB is a 35er and my schools BB is a 34. sorry about the lame picture, its the first thing i found :)
  6. tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    First of all I meant the TRB5 II not the piezo version because of the price.
    The BB has a neck through body and better specs. Both basses are around 1000&#8364;.
    The problem is that our music shop does not have these basses in the store. You can only order them per internet.
    I´m just concerning about the pickups. The BB has j-bass pickups and the TRB humbuckers. Since I have never played on soapbars I´m not sure which bass to choose. Would anybody recomment the TRB??Does anybody has the BB2005??
    Wich differences does the humbuckers do to your slap and fingerstyle sound???? please help°! thanks! :D
  7. Mikefish07

Apr 6, 2003
    I've been looking at the BB2005 too. I had gotten a BBNE2 but had to return it because of defective electronics. Does anyone know a good and cheap place to get a BB2005?
  8. tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    I have noticed that a lot people here talk about TRB basses, but nearly nobody mentions the BB series! Why i s that so?????I think the BB2005 has great specs. Neck through body, indendant string saddles and a slim and fast neck. Unfortunately I don´t have the chance to try one. Has ANYBODY tried the BB and would you suggest it??
  9. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I have played the six string models of both of those. They sounded about the same, but the Yamaha felt better in my hands.
  10. tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004
    BB and TRB are both Yamaha's!!! :D
  11. I have the Mk I TRB and like it much better than the Mk II model. If you can get hold of one of those (esp secondhand), I recommend them!
  12. Um, Kirbywxr... I don´t know if you have noticed but your house is on fire! :eek:
  13. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.

Ive played a BB, almost exactly the same as the one tomdabass posted. It was an awsome bass, and there was hardly any flaws to pick with it, but im not a fan of jazz pups.
  14. tomdabass

Apr 19, 2004

hey kirby did you really play the bass???? can you tell some more details??
  15. kirbywrx

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    I cant remember too much about it, and what i say wont be too special, seeing as i only played it through a SWR LA15 :rolleyes:

BUT, i know it had awsome sustain, those notes just kept going. it was a little heavier then my TRB, but that little groove on the inside of the lower horn made it alot easier to get to all those higher frets. apart from that, the only other usedful thing i can tell you was that the bass was balanced pretty nicley. like i said, i cant tell you anything good about the bass tone wise, because the amp i used was a pure P.O.S. but i hope that helps!!