TRBX305 Shout out! What is your favorite setting/setup???

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RockinBass85, Feb 27, 2016.

1. RockinBass85

RockinBass85

Jan 17, 2014
    Hey all.

After about 2 years with my beloved Yamaha TRBX305 in white. I can say I am truly pleased with such an excellent product as is produced by Yamaha. I play regularly for my church as the lead bassist, and my P&W style includes lots of funk, slap, r&b, and rock. My biggest musical influences for bass playing have always been Red Hot Chili Peppers, Metallica, Nathan East, John Myung, etc.

I've found this bass to have a lot of playable sound and it's a bass that when I begin to get GAS, I pick it up and play and then I pass GAS lol. I play through a Fender Rumble 200 head and Rumble 410 cab at home, and a Peave MegaBass System at church (not that great of a system).

My favorite setting is 50% Bass, 100% Treb, Both Pups, Finger style mid switch.
    I like a good midsy growl when I slap and I find that the slap switch setting is too much top and bottom and not enough middle.

What about you?

2. Rib 13

Rib 13 Supporting Member

Jun 20, 2006
    Home
    Depends on the song:

Switch in one-up position (the "slap bass" setting I think they call it -- I use it for almost everything, but it is great for slap in particular. Its basically a "scooped mids" Marcus Miller-ish preset)---- Occasionally I use the middle "off" position when I need more mids on the fly depending on the room Im playing

Volume: 10
    Blend: Middle* (both PUs On in about ~90% of all the songs in our sets)
    Bass: barely cracked + 3~5db or so
    Treble: barely cracked + 3~5db or so

*various pickup soloing for certain techniques but EQ in same position with the exception of treble rolled off for "faux fretless" and faux "upright"

For people reading this not familiar with this "bang for the buck" instrument, its very G&L-ish and I think its better than the 505 model which is supposed to be a step above it

Last edited: Feb 27, 2016