TRBX605FM vs Cort B5 (trying to get hi-fi gospel clarity)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Gigglingbuns, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Gigglingbuns

Gigglingbuns

Aug 26, 2017
    I'm planning on installing the Bartolini HR-5.4AP probably a couple months after I receive the new bass. Additionally soapbars after I get to try out the preamp.

Questions:
    What would be a better platform for me to upgrade on? I'm looking for long term reliability.
    Which one stock could help me with a hi-fi punchy tone suitable for gospel?

The Cort B5 ($500) comes with MK-1, which I'll definitely have to upgrade, and it's Markbass MB-1 preamp (3 band eq, active/passive switch, total: 5 knobs 1 switch. The pickup routes are a perfect match for the Bartolini MK sizes. 17 mm spacing

The TRBX605FM ($650), comes with YGD H5 pickups (made by Yamaha), and a Yamaha preamp (3 band eq, active/passive switch, total 5 knobs 1 switch). 18mm spacing
    Pickup dimensions are: 37x114mm (1.456 x 4.48 inches).
    Bartolini M5: 1.5 x 4.5 inches
    Bartolini MK: 1.32 x 4.26 inches
    Bartolini P2: 1.25 x 4.24 inches
    If I go with the MK or P2, I'd have to find a way to fill the gaps, if I go with the M5, I'd need to find someone who can route the pickups. However if the preamp is enough I might stick with the pickups. They sound good from the user/demo reviews I've heard (trbx605). I'm trying to make an informed decision before purchasing thank you.