Treated myself for christmas

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassmanUK, Dec 22, 2005.

1. bassmanUK

Dec 16, 2005
    Tamworth UK
    Hi guys,

As all its xmas I decided to treat myself to my first EB, a Bongo 4 HH. What a cracking piece of kit, im yet to REALLY try it out becuase my Ashdown gear waved a little white flag on Monday so its back with its maker to find out what happened.

That leaves my little practice amp and me to enjoy the bongo for now. Cant wait to play the first gig.

I spent a lot of time playing, well everything I could get my hands on to be honest, from Warwicks to Fenders, the lot, but really liked the feel of this bongo even if I will have to get used to that extra humbucker being a tad in the way. My was slighly concerned by the looks, I mean I liked it but......... at that moment my girlfriend appeared (back from having looked at some drums) and said "wow what a fantastic looking bass!!". So that was it, had to be mine.

Phil Harris - United Kingdom

"Writing about music is like dancing about architecture."
  2. anonymous278347457

anonymous278347457 Guest

Feb 12, 2005
    you hang your basses up on your wall? i would not hang anything worth more than £400 on my wall :p. but other than that , good for you
  3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I can promise that you will never hold a better toilet seat.

4. That's a nice mean bass. Congrats on the new purchase. Not my bag of beans looks wise(IMHO), but I'm sure it's a heck of a player.