Treble Pot not functional on Nordstrand Preamp

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Jackcrow, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Jackcrow

Jackcrow Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    I just installed a Nordstrand MM 2 band preamp and I noticed that the treble control is not working at all. No cut, no boost. This is a used preamp but otherwise it functions correctly. Any ideas as to why this would be happening? I checked the wiring per the Nordstrand wiring diagram and it is correct.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I have no idea. But all of my experiences with Nordstand have been positive. A quick email with some pics and I bet you'll get an answer. It may take a couple/few days to respond. But they usually do what they can when they can in my experience.

rojo412 and Jackcrow like this.
  3. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    Got any closeup pics?

4. Jackcrow

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    I’ll get some today after I get off work.

5. All three connections one the pot terminals good?
    Check the resistance of the pot while sweeping, see of the pot actually functions.

6. Jackcrow

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    Connections look good. I’ll see if I can get a reading on the pot.

7. You’ll have to remove the leads from the pot (de-solder) to get an accurate reading...in case you weren’t aware. I’m not sure of your experience - not trying to be a smart-Alec

8. Jackcrow

Jul 10, 2017
    North Dakota
    No problem. I don’t have much experience with electronics, especially active systems.

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021