Treble side (A D G) strings buzzing

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 11, 2005.

1. On my warwick thumb, I can't get my action somewhat respectably low without these strings buzzing up until about the 6th fret. Same thing happens on frets 18-23 or so. I've tried straightening the neck via truss rod a few times, but to no avail. It's an older thumb with a wenge neck, five string. I've tried the bridge, nut, and truss rod, and still it buzzes.
  2. I did the truss rod yesterday. Brand new strings. I got it at the store and the action was high, but playable and it sounded good. I assumed I could give it a solid setup.

When I do the 'test for high frets' all is well until i start going up the strings towards the G string, if you get what I mean. the 'margin' between the strings and fret decreases as I go up. it's weird. the b - e string frets are fine, i can hear the little click when i do the check (press down between 4 and 5 and 7 and 8, tap 6). the thinner the string, the less click/movement, until i'm at D and G where there is no movement whatsoever.