1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Treble side (A D G) strings buzzing

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 11, 2005.

1. On my warwick thumb, I can't get my action somewhat respectably low without these strings buzzing up until about the 6th fret. Same thing happens on frets 18-23 or so. I've tried straightening the neck via truss rod a few times, but to no avail. It's an older thumb with a wenge neck, five string. I've tried the bridge, nut, and truss rod, and still it buzzes.

2. I did the truss rod yesterday. Brand new strings. I got it at the store and the action was high, but playable and it sounded good. I assumed I could give it a solid setup.

When I do the 'test for high frets' all is well until i start going up the strings towards the G string, if you get what I mean. the 'margin' between the strings and fret decreases as I go up. it's weird. the b - e string frets are fine, i can hear the little click when i do the check (press down between 4 and 5 and 7 and 8, tap 6). the thinner the string, the less click/movement, until i'm at D and G where there is no movement whatsoever.