Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by kearney, Jan 8, 2005.

1. kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    how do i get more treble? any pedals to obtain? i love the sound of my bass when its got alotta treble, ive allready got the bright switch on and treble al the way up and the bass all the way down on my amp
  2. Buy new strings?
  3. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    I agree, try some Stainless Steel strings if you don't use them already. Dean Markley Blue Steels are fairly trebly in my experience. :)

4. strings are good...there are also EQ pedals and treble boosters you can look at as well, but new strings would be the first thing i'd change
  5. Mikemike

Mikemike Miscreant

Jun 18, 2002
    Minneapolis, Minnesota
    Wow, you turn the bass on your amp all the way down? If you ever play in a band, nobody's gonna hear you at all. All that treble will just be covered up by guitars and cymbals. This is just from my experience, but you gotta have bass! (or low mids, in my opinion)
    But anyway, stainless steel strings would be good for a while. you could try getting a compressor or booster with an eq, or at least a tone knob. You could really split some eardrums if you wanted to!:D
  6. kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    yeah i got a multieffects pedal with compresser and limitor and equalizer, but it dont know what they do
  7. Yes, but you do you have new strings? Using the EQ on your pedal isn't rocket science, use it the same way as the EQ knobs on your head.
  8. Joe P

Joe P

Jul 15, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Somethin's goofy from the get-go on this thread.

Treble all-the-way UP, and bass all-the-way DOWN?!

Somethings wrong with his bass, or his rig, or him, or he's just strokin' us (which would take us back to #3)!

9. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    yeah, something is definitely wrong here..I think this is really a Guitar player.
  10. kearney

Jul 5, 2004
    im a weekend warrior
  11. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Get a crappy Boss Hyper-Fuzz pedal and use only the 3rd setting for type of fuzz, which is a gain boost. Since it is meant for guitar, not bass, it will boost your highs as well as gain. I used to use one for specific occasions years ago.

Seriously, leave a little low end in. It's more fun to get the highs and still shake peoples bowels as well.
  12. lucas vigor

lucas vigor Banned

Sep 2, 2004
    Orange County, Ca,
    Yeah? And you don't know what an Equalizer is?

I think just about every car stereo and home stereo has an EQ..anybody would know that, EVEN a guitar player....that's why a couple of us think you may be a pranskter, troll or something like that.

Please don't waste our time.
  13. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    You could repalce the pots with 500k pots.