Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Treena Foster

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by James Hart, Mar 26, 2004.

1. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Just wanted to give props to Treena's playing and relay a little story....

the scene: Last Saturday afternoon, doing some chores... my whole list of MP3's (50GB ish) queued up on random....

I'm cleaning and such, singing and boppin along to some tunes jumping from Mingus to Alan Jackson to Helmet to MMW to broadway show tunes to Black Sabbath to Gil Scott-Heron.... you name it (I've got all my and my wife's CDs ripped to my computer). Anyway, this tune comes on that is just vaguely familar.... and I'm really digging the bassists groove, tone, phrasings, etc. Just killer tastey playing!

Catchy enough tune, I start singing along to the hook and head to the computer to grab the artist and tune name to research this player @ http://www.allmusic.com/ to find more...

I read the artist "Steve Medeiros" and think.... "who's that?!? I know this isn't from any of my discs"...

:eek:

It was the tune "Dream within a Dream" that Treena posted in recording a little while ago. check it out! http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=115796

oh yeah Treena, Wow! :bassist: Great Job!

2. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that girl can play

:)

3. Good stuff Treena!

:bassist:

4. Thanks James, I'll send that CD to you in the next day or two!

;) Treena

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Thank you Treena! I can't wait to hear the rest of it.

*Hums*
    when will I wake up again...
    can't define the world I'm in....
    someone wake me... someone shake me up.....

:bassist:

6. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Very nice! I was really digging it.

I can't wait to hear the rest of that too! :hyper:

7. Thanks Beefbass..........are you going to submit a song for the TB sampler CD?

Seriously, you should consider it! Click the link in my signature and it will tell you how to submit one!

[​IMG]
    Treena

8. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I'll just have to do that I guess!

Just a matter of finding the time-always in short supply around here.

Nice to see ya around again :hyper:

9. Treena: Best thing to happen to TB since Osama Spears

Treena <3

10. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    I had listened to this track when it was initially posted here and it cannot be denied. The bass part lifts the song, espicially through the verses- Most tastefully executed, Lady Foster!!

11. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    I'm late to this thread but man Treena smokin tunes, Great hook, awesome bass playing. I totaly dig it, Nice bass tone also. What bass did ya use on Deam within a dream?
    I would love to hear more also, Where do I send the check?

Back for more is my kinda thing, Great job.... Great harp player!!!

12. Thanks Funkster..........Dream Within A Dream was cut with a Sadowsky Vintage 5.

The harp Player on Back For More is Gary Cambra from The Tubes, great all round musician/producer. I had the privilage of working with Gary, Prairie, Fee, Trey and Dave on many albums in the studio and live performances.

http://thetubes.com/

Both songs are submitted for The T Sampler CD, so if you are a supporting member make sure to submit your song(s) so you can get a copy of all the tunes!

Thanks again Funkster.

[​IMG]
    Treena

13. You are very sweet Osama!

I like Lady Foster, that works for me! Thanks dirtgroove!

[​IMG]
    Treena

14. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    You played with the tubes? My dad loves those guys, he goes on and on about them. He tried to get me into them because he said they were his generation's Gwar... who I like. But then I played a Gwar CD for my dad and realized, absurd stage shows aside, musically they are practically nothing alike.

I don't know, you didn't list him as an influence but, I get a very John Entwistle vibe off of "Slow Long Ride". But one might think of it as a "Sir Paul" vibe, who you did list as an influence. :)

Oooh, I really dig your little fills on Dream within a Dream, as everyone stated, not totally in your face, but flashy enough to be really cool.

I must admit, the music is WAY too pop rock for me. But I can look beyond that and hear some fantastic bass playing. Really good job! :)

15. Perfect-Tommy

Perfect-Tommy

Mar 28, 2004
    Ohio
    We're also forgetting one of the scientific rules of rock...

Girl + Bass = Hot Chick. :p

Errrr..... goes back to what he was doing....

16. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Sweet sounding bass!!!

Gary Cambra has been around forever, Smokin harp player, I love the harp and have been know to play a tune or two around a campfire or two.

Done deal Treena I just uploaded our MP3 and will send the release form to Paul on Monday, Thanks for the heads up!
    Do we all get a copy when it's done?

17. Matt, thanks man, your honesty is appreciated.

I myself am not really into pop music all that much but, when doing studio work I kinda have to play the style that is asked of me.

It's good to see that you are open mineded about all types of music and can set aside your likes and dislikes to hear whats really going on.

Thanks for the compliments on my tone.

I myself really have been enjoying listening to all the songs submitted to the TB sampler and your tune (TBMCD-mp3) I'm digging the entire vibe.

[​IMG]
    Treena

18. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Thank ye ma'am. :) I picked that song (Sorry McDonald's You're Still not Cool) because it's more "organized" than my other stuff. Hmm. Blisshead and I are still holding down the "making all the other bassists sound better" section of the sampler. :D

I was talking to Smash about how I'm so Stoked (ha ha ahahahah, I kill me) about the sampler because with a 56k connection, downloading tunes by other TBers is a pain. It's a rare treat that I get to download TB tunes, with all sorts of songs by all you lovely people in front of me, it makes my life a lot easier.

SO HURRY UP AND SUBMIT MORE SONGS EVERYONE!

Keep Rockin' Treena. :bassist: