Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Treker Basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by 59jazz, Nov 9, 2003.

1. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

Anybody out there ever try a Treker bass or neck? Likes / dislikes?

Thanks, Steve

2. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    I have a Treker 5 and two PBC 5's. PBC's were made by Dave Bunker, the guy who originally designed the neck system that Treker uses. Treker is actually his son's company. All three of these basses are really good instruments. The neck system is a bit unusual, but it seems to hold up well and they all sound really good.

Steve

3. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

4. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I had a Bunker headless 5 string. The body, bridge / tuner, and electronics were great, however, I didn't care much for the neck. The entire string tension is carried by a steel rod which runs the length of the neck. Being that the neck and fingerboard carry no strain, neck relief has to be "artificially" introduced through a torque adjustment at the neck / body junction. The resulting relief had an unnatural feel to it. I'd love to have the same bass with either a conventional graphite reinforced or graphite composite neck.

5. SMG

SMG Supporting Member

Apr 17, 2000
    metro Detroit
    Hmmmm....that is quite interesting.

I set up my instruments so the neck is as flat as possible. I know this doesn't work for some, but it works for me. With the PBC and Treker basses I have, I have no curve in the neck set up. I am not sure how this would work otherwise, but I understand where you are coming from. I wonder what Dave Bunker would say about this?

Steve