Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Treker Louis Johnson (opinions)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chili, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    does anybody no if this bass is any good?, it isnt too much about 400 pound, i just wonna know if its werth buying, i havnt got enough for the likes of a music man since i am only 17 and i'm making 30 pound a week from collage lol, and do they sell them in the u.k?

2. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    plzzzz, ha sno one tryed this bass, i've managed to find one reveiw and it sed it was reaally good for its price, has anybody played this bass no someone who has?

3. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    I've played one. Trekker made these some time ago in tandem with 'ol "sir Slapalot" himself, Mr. Louis Johnson. It's actually a pretty unique bass, it's got a patented "floating neck" and beautiful body wood and is equipped with VERY powerful pickups. It's a slappers dream come true if you do see one, BUY IT! because they only ran for one year and then the company folded under. Good news is now it's up and running again but with no L J model :crying: The only thing that kept me from buying one is that it only was available in a four string. Louis now plays and endorses Norton bass guitars.

4. tc99

tc99

Mar 25, 2005
    Long Island
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I've actually owned this bass for a couple of years and recorded with it.

6. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Dont know if they sell them in the U K. I have seen a couple on EBAY at different times so If you're seriously interested you might want to start there.

7. Andre_gt7

Andre_gt7

Jan 4, 2005
    Atlanta - GA
    yea its a good bass, there was one on the bay a while ago

8. Chili

Chili

Mar 8, 2005
    Newcastle/England
    kool thx guys, i am really intersted now, and this prostar?, is it as good for slapping as the trecker louis johnson? and does anyone have a pic of the louis johnson?

9. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    To my knowledge the Pro-star is an exact replica without the Louis name on it( like a lot of so called signature basses :rolleyes: ) If you REALLY wanna get that Louis slap goin' on check out NORTON basses. I saw Louis at the House of Blues with the Brothers Johnson and the Norton was incredible man. If you get the new George Duke cd theres a dvd that has Louis playing with George over in Japan some years ago. He had a Yamaha BB with two MM humbuckers in it!! it also had a gigantic scoop dug into the body that extended from the lower horn to the pickup cavity which looked like a stingray front loaded type, I think this was a Louis Johnson Yamaha signature prototype that was never released(probably for legal reasons :rolleyes: ) But here you see it in all its glory. Never before seen people!