Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

trem with speed control?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by schmittuml, Feb 16, 2006.

1. schmittuml

schmittuml Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2004
    Lowell, MA
    i am looking for a tremelo pedal with speed control as an expression form.....am i just lookin for a leslie sim with said feature? or is there a trem out there like this.....

2. well, Zvex has a seek trem, which is obscenely expensive, but it can do it, also a lot of multiFX units have an assignable expression pedal as well :)
    and there is also the third hand!

3. expression pedal control? On the seek trem? You sure?!

I modified a Boss PN-2 and an expression pedal to do this.

4. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Check out the Line 6 Tap Tremelo.

5. trem probe...sorry

http://www.zvex.com/trem.html

6. bassplayin

bassplayin

Dec 5, 2005
  7. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Line 6 MM4 accepts an exp pedal and gives you three different trems (and two leslie sims).

True bypass, great sound.

8. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Could you clarify this a little? Do you mean you want to use an expression pedal (like a wah or vol pedal style) to control the rate of a tremolo? Because of course all tremolos have a speed control knob. :meh:

9. OrionManMatt

OrionManMatt

Feb 17, 2004
    Houston
    If that's the case, the knobs on the SupaTrem are big enough to move with your foot

:bag:

...if you have decent balance.

10. benevan

benevan

May 2, 2002
    Memphis
    You could always use the TIP 3rd Hand to control the rate. No pedal mod required.

[​IMG]

Or, you could go with the Cusack Tap-A-Whirl, analog tremolo with tap tempo.

[​IMG]

11. I just picked up one of these http://www.guitareffectspedals.com/gig-fx.html its got an in-built expression pedal, interesting pedal haven't had a chance to play with it properly yet but intial tinkering bring up some good results.