Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Ridethebike, Aug 19, 2002.

1. How much does it cost to have a tremelo put on your guitar, for example my fender squier?
  2. It would depend on the type of tremolo you wanted.

Did you want a standard Strat.-style tremolo, a Bigsby, Floyd Rose, Kahler...?
  3. Most probably a standard strat, i'm thinking they are expensive.
  4. Not really. Have a look on Warmouth or Stewart-MacDonald for an idea of how much the bridge, arm and other bits will cost.

The labour will cost you and you will need to think about whether you want a pound or so of wood routed out of the back of your guitar for the spring cavity.

See if the cost of the parts scares you or not, then seek out a qualified repair tech. or luthier to estimate the cost to install it.
  5. Thank's for your help Andrew, the amount is actually quite good i think, around 200 dollar's for the whole thing. That can be my Christmas present, thank's.
  6. mans0n

Jun 15, 2002
    isnt 200$ more then a squier costs in the first place? .... im no expert on fenders ... but to me i dont think it would be that much worth the upgrade... im not trying to disuade you

just my 2 cents
  7. CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    Ridethebike-i'm not sure how much they go for in your part of the world but MusiciansFriend sells the Squier Standard Strats for $210 or so + shipping. To me, it'd be easier just to get one of those & not worry about buying all the parts. Thats all
  8. I agree and thank's but i've suddenly been offered many job's that pay good and can afford silly upgrade's.