1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tremolo pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LAW, Sep 6, 2005.

1. LAW

LAW

Jun 23, 2005
    Does Boss make a tremolo for the bass? If so, how is it?
    If not can anyone recommend a good one.

"Bury me with all my stuff....because you know that it is mine..."
    -Master Shake

2. no bass trem for the boss...least i don't think
    im really interested in the line 6 tap tremolo. I'd imagine i could do alot with the pan selection. corse if you don't want to spend that much on a tremolo i would go for the boss tremolo.

3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a DOD Vibrothang. Not exactly a vibrato nor a tremolo but a little bit of both and a phaser.

It works good and the price is right for the use (not a lot of bass lines that sound good with trem). $40.00

4. Haven`t tried many tremolos but I`m definitely gonna try EHX Pulsar. I`ve heard it goes easily from vintage trem to ringmodish freak out. And it should be true bypass also.

5. I've used the T-Rex Tremster for a while and it's great for bass. Has a volume/level control as well to get away from the volume drop that often comes with tremolo pedals.

Actually, I've just sold it to get another pedal, the CarlMartin trem o Vibe. It's a tremolo pedal and pitch vibrato pedal, soemthing I've been looking for since I sold a Boss VB2 a few years ago (stupid me).

But I highly recommed the Tremster!

6. if ur looking for more vintage stylr tremolo - boss's TR-2 works fine

the line 6 tap tremolo, in my experience, was so complicated to use that i almost threw it at the wall

my favorite tremolo is the old boss pn-2...it cuts a bit harder than the tr-2, plus it can be used in stereo

7. LAW

LAW

Jun 23, 2005
    So there is a Boss trrem pedal? If so what is the number on it and how much (approx.)?

8. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

two words.....
    Demeter Tremulator

(the absolute finest tremolo pedal available...)

Max

9. I have a Boss PN-2 Trem/Panner - it's pretty cool, but relatively inflexible. There are others out there with far more options.

The current boss trem is the TR-2. Price? Too much, probably.

10. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    boss make the tr-2 tremelo, and my understanding is that pedals like delays/echos/temelo will work just as well for bass as guitar. ive never heard of a "bass" delay but hey stranger things have happened.

11. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Just curious - do you have any experience with the Fulltone Supa-Trem?
    If so - whatidya think?

12. psi

psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Or you can go with a Moogerfooger MF-102

=]

13. Hmmm...the MF102 is hardly a tremolo, is it?