Tremolo pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by LAW, Sep 6, 2005.

1. LAW

Jun 23, 2005
    Does Boss make a tremolo for the bass? If so, how is it?
    If not can anyone recommend a good one.

"Bury me with all my stuff....because you know that it is mine..."
    -Master Shake
  2. no bass trem for the boss...least i don't think
    im really interested in the line 6 tap tremolo. I'd imagine i could do alot with the pan selection. corse if you don't want to spend that much on a tremolo i would go for the boss tremolo.
  3. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a DOD Vibrothang. Not exactly a vibrato nor a tremolo but a little bit of both and a phaser.

It works good and the price is right for the use (not a lot of bass lines that sound good with trem). $40.00
  4. Haven`t tried many tremolos but I`m definitely gonna try EHX Pulsar. I`ve heard it goes easily from vintage trem to ringmodish freak out. And it should be true bypass also.
  5. I've used the T-Rex Tremster for a while and it's great for bass. Has a volume/level control as well to get away from the volume drop that often comes with tremolo pedals.

Actually, I've just sold it to get another pedal, the CarlMartin trem o Vibe. It's a tremolo pedal and pitch vibrato pedal, soemthing I've been looking for since I sold a Boss VB2 a few years ago (stupid me).

But I highly recommed the Tremster!
  6. if ur looking for more vintage stylr tremolo - boss's TR-2 works fine

the line 6 tap tremolo, in my experience, was so complicated to use that i almost threw it at the wall

my favorite tremolo is the old boss cuts a bit harder than the tr-2, plus it can be used in stereo
  7. LAW

Jun 23, 2005
    So there is a Boss trrem pedal? If so what is the number on it and how much (approx.)?
  8. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

two words.....
    Demeter Tremulator

(the absolute finest tremolo pedal available...)

9. I have a Boss PN-2 Trem/Panner - it's pretty cool, but relatively inflexible. There are others out there with far more options.

The current boss trem is the TR-2. Price? Too much, probably.
  10. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    boss make the tr-2 tremelo, and my understanding is that pedals like delays/echos/temelo will work just as well for bass as guitar. ive never heard of a "bass" delay but hey stranger things have happened.
  11. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Just curious - do you have any experience with the Fulltone Supa-Trem?
    If so - whatidya think?
  12. psi

Mar 11, 2005
    New Jersey
    Or you can go with a Moogerfooger MF-102

13. Hmmm...the MF102 is hardly a tremolo, is it?