1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tremolo Query...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by cmargent, Jun 13, 2014.

1. cmargent

cmargent

Oct 17, 2010
    Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a guitar effects pedal, either a tremolo or an effect similar to a trem sound, where you can set the rate to slow down after the initial attack? Technically speaking having the rate of the pulse starting on say a 32nd rhythm that slows down to a 1/2 note while playing long notes. Any suggestions in that ball park would be most welcome.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    I think it could be done with one of Eventide's modulation pedals; also Pigtronix makes a trem that has envelope following, so you could control the rate from the amplitude of your envelope, which would have a result much like what you described.

3. adi77

adi77 Banned

Mar 15, 2007
    bombay
  4. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I am sure that the Eventide H9 could do it. I would also think that the MF-Trem (Moog mini-trem) could do it with an expression pedal attached.

5. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    I also think a Guyatone Ultrem would do what you are looking for.

6. smeet

smeet Gold Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2006
    Woodland Hills, CA
    The line 6 trem has an envelope mode that does this.

7. JustSomeDude

JustSomeDude Supporting Member

May 2, 2014
    Nashville, Tennessee
    The one's that I have used were cool feature-wise but didn't give me the Trem tone that I wanted.
    But they were all Digital effects which I can rarely be happy with when they are 100% blend on Bass.

You should take a look at the Sonuus Wahoo.
    Would be very surprised if it didn't do it.
    I'm going to get to play with one soon when NAMM comes to town.