1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tremolo - recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Vosk, Apr 15, 2006.

1. Hi,

I'm looking to get a tremolo for one purpose, just to have it as a really cutting sound. You know, with the wave form set to something like:

Code:
    [FONT="Courier New"]-------|       |-------
           |       |
           |-------|[/FONT]
    So I can get that d-d-d-d-d-d-da-da sound out of it - really cutting.

So I'm looking for a tremolo that (preferably) can have the tempo tapped into it, or something like that. And one that can do this kind of waveform, because that's all I'd use it for.

2. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
  3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    San Francisco, CA, USA
    I think the Boss TR-2 pedal can do that too (I think that's the right model).

Check the Boss website (www.bossus.com) and listen to the Tremolo pedal sound samples. The "Stutter" demo sounds like it's applying that particular waveform.

4. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    The only option, IMO is the Catlinbread Semphore trem. That's simply awesome.

5. Higgie

Higgie

May 31, 2005
    London, England
    I was thinking along the same lines of the Catalinbread...Don't Zvex do a really powerful Trem pedal?

6. Dash Rantic

Dash Rantic

Nov 12, 2005
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Boss BF-3 Flanger can actually do a very good cut-wave tremolo as you described without having to add any flange, and it also has tap tempo. Plus, you can get some good flange if you want it, all in the same box (or even at the same time)... It actually sounds pretty good.

-Dash

7. The Chopper. This pedal can do panning, cut up type tremolo and normal tremolo.
    And can be controlled from the built in expression pedal.
    Theres some samples on that link.

8. Willem

Willem

Dec 26, 2005
    Belgium
    +1

9. Thats too much. Too pricey too, sorry. I just want a good bass trem. Not the BF-3 either, I want to get a bf-2 one day and I can't see the point in having a flanger as a trem.

10. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    I have a DOD Vibrothang. $40 is a good price for an effect that doesn't get used that much.