Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tremolo with tap tempo

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by NioeZero, Aug 24, 2003.

1. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Does anyone know of a company that makes a trem pedal that has a tap tempo? I can't seem to find one anywhere, but it seems a pretty logical thing to integrate into a time-based effect, yeah?

2. I would think Boss would make once, since almost all of there time based effects have tap-tempo in them.

3. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    I would think so too, but I've looked at BOSS stuff. The only thing that seems to come close is the expression pedal for the Dunlop tremolo.

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I think some rackmount stuff would do the trick, or perhaps a multi effect floor unit.

My Lovetone Wobulator has a trigger input, so you could sync it up that way (if you can find one).

ZVex makes a thing called a Tremelo Probe. It's kindof like a volume pedal with a therimin control. It doesn't make the tremelo automatic, but you can tap your foot on it at a certain tempo to get the general idea.

5. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Just wondering: IS there bass dedicated Tremolo's?

6. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    I highly doubt it. Tremelo is a volume based effect, not a frequency based effect. It would be pretty pointless to make one bass specific.

7. NioeZero

NioeZero

Sep 2, 2001
    Thanks for the suggestions basstriaxis. I'm actually looking around for info on behalf of my guitarist, since we have pretty much the same taste in equipment, and I figured I would get more useful info out of bassists than he would from guitarists.

The Wobulator looks cool, like every other Lovetone pedal, but I just can't justify spending that much scratch on a pedal. Yet. And both my guitarist and I avoid multi-effects like the plague. I am interested in the rackmount idea, though. Any suggestions on what manufacturers or product models I should check out?

8. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    For cheaper stuff, the Rocktron Intellifex or the Line 6 Mod Pro are cool.

High rollin' stuff includes TC Electronics or Eventide.

My suggestion would be the Line 6. Pretty easy to use, and sounds decent. I think they go for $299.