Trent Reznor & Les Claypool

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Lovebown, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Trent reznor (Nine inch nails)
    Les Claypool (Primus etc.)

Wouldn't that be one awesome combination?
    They're both musical geniuses... and they bothm seem to have kinda twisted humour...

whaddya think?
  2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I doubt it would work out...those two have too strong personalities for more than a brief collaboration/side project....
  3. Cornbread

Jun 20, 2000
    Lawrence, Ma
    Ya, I don't think it would be that great either. Trent Reznor seems like a studio/effect/electronics wizard. He doesn't even have much bass in his tunes anyway.
    Les Claypool is doing some cool stuff in side projects like Oysterhead with Trey Anastasio of Phish.
  4. Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Yes, but maybe a song or so...

Imagine a layered electronic noise on top with les slapping/tapping in the background and both of em singing duet ...

5. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Apparently "musical genius" is a highly subjective phrase.
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Um, yeah. Sorry. I know everyone likes him. Feel free to pummel me with reckless abandon. :D
  7. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

I won't pummel you, Jazzbo. Not when you have that vicious kendo stick in your hands and look like you know how to wield it. I'll behave.

8. NJXT

Jan 9, 2001
    Lyon, FRANCE
    Uuuh ... not everyone. I don't. I admire his technique and his originality (either in bass playing, attitude, clothes ...). I respect him and his work but I don't like his music at all ... even if I listen to it from time to time, just for the technical stuff.
  9. hahaha yeah thats a wicked picture. I dont dig him either, i like listenin to him, but hes not playin bass
  10. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Aha! You feel the wrath of my kendo style. Your wushu is not match! YOU KILLED MY TEACHER!!!
  11. Lovebown

Jan 6, 2001
    Herb is my favourite drummer next to maybe John bonham and Neil Peart...