Trenton/Princeton, NJ Music Scene?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by tplyons, Dec 5, 2004.

1. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    My #1 choice for colleges is Rider University between Princeton and Trenton, NJ.

How's the music scene in Princeton and Trenton?
  2. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    Pretty rotten. There's a nice little store in Red Bank, and last I checked (which was about five years ago) there was a pretty decent store in East Brunswick. Going the other way, it'll be well worth your while to just keep goin', all the way down to Philly. For that matter, why not just hit 48th street? What's a few miles 'tween friends in this town? :)

But seriously, I had all kinds of great luck in the pawn shops in Jersey, especially New Brunswick and Newark. Also up and down the shore, if you ever get over to Asbury Park and around that area, definitely go pawn-shopping. I got a one-of-a-kind box guitar (a-la Bo Diddley) for fifty bucks in a pawn shop in Jersey, and it turned out it was a collector's piece, which I ended up selling for over three grand about five years later. And I got an original (first year) Dan Armstrong lucite body fretless for under two hundred bucks in a pawn shop in Jersey. With a hard shell case. :D
  3. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Yeah, I know guitar stores in NJ suck. What about gigging?
  4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    you'll be within an hour of gigs almost nightly. I don't know Trenton or Princeton well... but you are close enough to New Brunswick, Philly and the north end of the Shore.
  5. godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    we're not letting any more bassists into philly...