Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Treo: 600 Rant/Labrythian phone service options mazes etc.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by P. Aaron, Oct 5, 2005.

1. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

[P. Aaron=RANT]I am currently about to receive my 4th Treo-600. I was a fool to replace my Keyocera "Smartphone" with ostensibly "newer-better" technology.

Upon calling Verizon to explain the problem one encounters a menu of options read so quickly and failing to come close to addressing the problem I'm having, that I lose it. And I don't lose it often. It takes about 7-8 minutes to navigate the murky waters of their prompts to get to "HOLD" for another 5 or 6 minutes to get a human, who then transfers me to Verizon's "techie".

"I am experiencing another TREO Death" I explain. "Yes, Mr. Jones, we have you recieving this phone on 8/17/2005 replacing the Treo we sent to you on 6/19/2005. What seems to be the problem?" I explain...and get conferenced through to a "techie" at PALM. Who offers the following words of comfort:

"Mr. Jones, your Treo 600 is out of warranty, we will send you a replacement for $175.00".

I ask Verizon; "On what date did I receive this phone?" "On 8/17/2005 sir"; Verizon says. "Thank You". "Palm!" I say (nearing apoplexy); "I appreciate your offer to have me pay twice for a phone I have already purchased through Verizon. A phone that I have barely used that has malfunctioned because of a technicality that YOU now cannot fix. Since you have been privy to our entire conversation here I would have hoped that you would have been a little more enlightened of the fact that I have not even had this particular phone long enough for you to have received the product registration card in the mail!"
    "Perhaps at your next company TEAM meeting you can discuss ways to help the customer rather than expect them to gleefully pay for something that hasn't worked on 2 previous tries."

Let's not even get into trying to call FED-EX to pick-up the dead Treo.

Verizon sent me a TREO 650 but it is non-compatable with Windows-98. (I knew there was a 4th phone in here somewhere)
    [/RANT]
    I believe we as humans are being offered too many options. When it takes 2+ minutes to read and navigate the menu of a drive-thru McDonalds, we're in trouble...I think.