Trevor Dunn

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by ImNotGeddyLee, Jan 10, 2002.

1. outstanding bass player for one of my new favorite bands, Mr Bungle.
    Extremely weird music but the originality and talent far surpasses 99% of the BS out there today.
    Check out "Squeeze Me Macaroni" for some cool bass riffs and the rest of their self titled album for some of the best thrash-disco-death-circus-ska-metal-funk-punk-lounge-hardcore ever made.
  2. You should check out his jazz trio as well. A very underated bassist.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    im diggin FANTOMAS... he plays there too with mike patton
  4. I dredged this thread up only so someone would tell what the URL is of the Trevor Dunn pic on the "pics of fave bassists" thread where he's playing in a suit and with a slide. I want to save it two my hard drive because I think it's about the coolest pic of a bass player ever.

Thanks in Advance,
  5. si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    this one right?

and indeed he's underrated, i like his cooperations with john zorn.
  6. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Trevor Dunn is the man. Dead Goon has the coolest bassline ever! :cool:
  7. si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    word, too bad he didn't write it :/
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

Who did?
  9. si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
  10. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

Trevor is a great musician.

Check out Secret Chiefs as well.
  11. After Forever

After Forever Banned

Feb 27, 2003
    Detroit area
    He's a good bassist. Didn't Mr. Bungle used to dress up like the chili peppers on stage and pretend to shoot up on herion to mock them? I read that before somewhere, aparently the RHCP arn't to fond of Mike Patton . I alaways thought Bungle/Faith No More to be far more talented/interesting then RHCP to be honest.
  12. I recomend John Zorn's The Gift.Trevor Dunn's basslines are pretty good.Of course he didn't wrote them but his talent can be heard in all of the tracks he played.
  13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

That statement pissed me off... one of the things that I dug about that song is the very Jaco inspired bassline. :oops:

Is Trevor notorious for not writing the basslines?! If so that makes me really sad. I like his Mr. Bungle stuff most, don't make me list a drummer as one of my influences as a bassist. :(
  14. Trevor Dunn has wrote basslines,for example in Disco Volante he wrote Carry Stress In The Jaw & Platypus.I think he wrote the basslines for After School Special,Phlegmathics and Everyone I Went To High School With Is Dead.

In the California album he wrote The Holy Filament and Retrovertigo, and probably basslines for Vanity Fair.:bassist:
  15. si_mon13

Sep 1, 2003
    the rhcp dissing came, as far as i know, from mr. bungle being called a ripoff of rhcp, in their early days but since none of them ever liked rhcp they decided to do that. that got them kicked off an australian festival. dunn wrote lots of bungles stuff, mostly the latter stuff though.
  16. Malcom

Oct 21, 2002
    The Midwest
    Many people aren't. Like the music, hate the man. Patton's a wee bit arrogent, and is known for talking out of his colon. Trevor doesn't seem to fond of him on the website, but neither does he seem fond of much else.
  17. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    Mike patton is allowed to be arrogant. He's just dam good at what he does.
  18. Stachio

Stachio Supporting Member

Jan 29, 2002
    Trevor Dunn did a lot if not most of the writing for Mr. Bungle.
    Notable exceptions are the Dead Goon bassline which Danny wrote on piano using 2 fingers...Lot easier on piano than bass.
    Then there is always the Secret Song on Disco Volante where Mike shunned Trevor and Trevor got back at him by adding the Grampa Simpson voice on it...classic :D
    Disco Volante was probably the most collaborative effort of Mr. Bungle and IMO their best.
    Fantomas though....that's pretty much all Patton.
    The core of Bungle (Trev, Mike, and Trey) are all pretty dysfunctional and talk behind each others backs, but I wouldn't expect less from such creative genius.
    Trio Convulsante is a must as Ad Nauseam said.
  19. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA

I would have loved to have seen that. I heard it was hilarious.