Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trevor Dunn's bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Trev, Jan 5, 2005.

1. Trev

Trev

Feb 23, 2004
    Ok does anyone know which Alembic Trevor Dunn uses? Can't seem to remember.

2. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    I'm pretty sure that Trevor plays a Europa. At least he did during the Bungle days.

It's too bad that they have called it quits. They were an amazing band. The first Bungle album is absolute genius.

3. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Trevor played an Ibanez 4 string on the first Mr. Bungle album and a Alembic Europa on all the other ones. I also think he uses a fretless on the Disco Volante song, "Platypus" but I'm not sure. If it is a fretless, it might be his Ken Lawrence that he mentions on his website.

4. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Boston, MA
    It's really cool to see Trevor Dunn's name mentioned here. Can someone give me his web site? Thanks.

5. Joelc73

Joelc73 Supporting Member

Nov 13, 2000
    New York
    It's good to see some other Trevor Dunn (and I'm assuming Bungle) fans.

I was lucky enough to see those guys a bunch of times and they were always amazing.

6. keb

keb

Mar 30, 2004
    I think I'm the only person who likes Bungle (and various associations/offshoots like Secret Chiefs 3) but doesn't like the first album so much. Disco Volante is where it's at for me (California is great too.)

7. gyancey

gyancey

Mar 25, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Trevor's Alembic is a Europa 5 string, walnut top with reverse headstock. Its really heavy. For 'Platypus' and 'Dead Goon' he told me he used a "Peavey Fretless" which he's since sold. As an aside (since he's not on this album) the new Secret Chiefs 3 album "Book of Horizons" is one of my new favorite CD's of all time.

8. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I concur, I really like the songs that both Spruance and Dunn wrote in Bungle which I suppose is why I enjoy Trio Convulsant and Secret Chiefs so much.

9. michele

michele Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2004
    Italy
    I haven't heard Bungle but I saw here in Italy the guy with John Zorn's Electric Masada ... great night! His tone was very solid and he was playing a P-bass ...