Trevor dunns basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Stinkoman20xx, Jan 23, 2005.

1. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    What basses did trevor use to record the faith no more albums with. Mainly the first one and what is he using on his solo album?
  2. I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    He didn't play with Faith No More,he plays with Mike Patton on Mr.Bungle and someother stuff
  3. Rusty Chainsaw

Rusty Chainsaw

Oct 15, 2002
    The Cronx
    Bill Gould played bass on all the FNM recordings. Trevor Dunn played with Mr. Bungle and a couple of Mike Patton's other projects.

Bill Gould originally played Gibson Rippers, then Aria Integras, then Zon Sonus(ses) (sonii?), all 4-strings, both finger and pickstyle (and the occasional bit of slap). The best known FNM bass sound is probably the Aria on The Real Thing and Angel Dust.

(edit) Trevor Dunn mostly plays Alembics when he plays electric bass (he plays a lot of upright too). He was playing an Alembic Spoiler 4-string when I saw Mr. Bungle live a few years back.

Russ :bassist:
  4. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    bill had a jazz bass too, doubt he used it though.

trevor also has an alembic essence (?) 5 string that has a reverse headstock. and apparently used an ibanez bass to record early on.
  5. Trever has an Alembic Europa 5 string. And he uses a 4 string p-bass now.

And in the early days(first Mr. Bungle cd) he had a 5 string Ibanez, and a fretless 5 string Peavey.

And he plays upright.
  6. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    Trevor has an Alembic Europa 5 string with a cocobolo top, I believe.
  7. Yup.
  8. I saw Mr Bungle at Snocore 2000 with Puya, Incubus, and SOAD, and they got boo'ed off the stage. I dont remember what they sounded like now but nobody was digging them.
  9. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
    Oh well, not all people recognize talent. :D

SOAD on the other hand..crushing!!! :rolleyes:
  10. Dirty Road Cola

Dirty Road Cola Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Gainesville, FL
    I hope they were playing disco volante material. I find it humorous that all the bands on that bill are in some way derivatives of Mr. Bungle. Incubus got it's name from the song, "Mr. Nice Guy" for God's sake.
  11. phxlbrmpf

Dec 27, 2002
    Are you sure he used the Aria on Angel Dust? I could swear he already had the Zon when they recorded the album, as his bass tone on Angel Dust sounds super-fat and even.
  12. troll

Aug 31, 2000
    Chicago area
    I remember reading somewhere (probably here, so grain of salt and all that...) that it was a Zon. Sure sounds like it.

I swear RV is a fretless of some kind though...

13. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    if im not mistaken he got the zons midway on the angel dust tour and used them on everything after that. so i think he used his arias to record angel dust.
  14. mrbungle

Nov 13, 2000
    tampere, finland
    When I saw Fantomas in Finland in year 2000 he played a Fender Precision.
  15. Stinkoman20xx

Oct 19, 2003
    Thanks for the responces. I ment mr.bungle Im getting my mike patton mixed up. I do remember reading some were he used a ken lawrence and uses old fenders.