Trey and Tom Marshall keep writing

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Mar 1, 2006.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Trey and Tom Trample

Although Trey Anastasio composed the songs on his latest release Shine without the assistance of his longtime songwriting partner Tom Marshall, their collaborative efforts have not ceased. According to a recent post on Marshall’s My Space blog, he recently completed a series of writing sessions with Anastasio. Marshall writes, “Trey and I went up to a friend's cabin in the Adirondacks and wrote a series of new songs. It was a great trip -- we buckled down and worked our asses off to write and record these [10] songs. I'm very happy about the results…It gives an idea of the isolation we surround ourselves in to make it easier to think of nothing but writing…And drinking…And girls…Wait... Anyway, I can't wait to hear the songs live...played presumably by (70 Volt Parade) and possibly a combination of Mike and the Duo I suppose. His next tour could be very interesting. Trey and I spoke about somehow releasing our two most recent writing sessions -- just the raw sessions, recorded entirely by Trey and myself...just like "Trampled by Lambs and Pecked by the Dove" which contained the first versions of many Phish songs.”

If Trey AND Mike join the Duo that will be scary.
  2. Thats good news...TbLaPbtD is a really cool CD...i can't wait to hear the new songs (assuming they make it out on CD)
  3. winston

winston Supporting Member

May 2, 2000
    Berkeley, CA
    Eek! Trey and Tom obviously have good chemistry BUT (and I'm saying this as a huge Phish phan--must have seen' em at least 15 times in the '90's) IMHO Tom Marshall is consistently one of the worst lyricists in music history.:bag:
  4. i dunno...did he write that "invisible" song for Clay Aiken?