Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trey joins Black Crowes for NYE

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    http://www.treyanastasio.com/news/

He's jammed with them before but this is pretty weak IMO (nothing against the Crowes, I just can't believe he doesn't have his own gig). Sounds like people weren't too thrilled with his latest 'solo band'. I thought he was trying to be a cool old guitar god like Clapton or something but now I think he's going out like Sting :meh:
    Stick a fork in him...

2. i would bet he is doing what he wants, not what we want...i think that trey is trying to make pop music, rather then the jam stuff we are used to. I remember hearing/or maybe reading and interview where try said that in the later days of phish he wanted to appeal more to the pop crowd, which they tried with the undermind cd...
    i dunno, i like trey, and i am a fan of the crowes, so i don't have a problem with it...i'll believe he hit rock bottom once he starts playing with the other crow...
    Sheryl

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Actually, that might not be a bad idea. Sheryl Crow is a pop genius. She's done some songs I don't like but her songs never fail to chart, plus she's done some real classics. I was watching her concert for Howard Stern on Yahoo today, and I thought it was absolutely great. I thought she was a lightweight when I first heard her, but she has really grown into a great artist. So I think Trey could do a lot worse than working with her.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX

Explain this.

I actually liked a lot of Stings' solo stuff. Admittedly the older stuff was best. But he still sounds better than a bunch of the big selling stuff from nowadays.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Sting's first solo album had a couple good songs on it. Other than that, I haven't liked a single thing he's done since the Police.