Trey joins Black Crowes for NYE

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Dec 16, 2005.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    http://www.treyanastasio.com/news/

He's jammed with them before but this is pretty weak IMO (nothing against the Crowes, I just can't believe he doesn't have his own gig). Sounds like people weren't too thrilled with his latest 'solo band'. I thought he was trying to be a cool old guitar god like Clapton or something but now I think he's going out like Sting :meh:
    Stick a fork in him...

2. i would bet he is doing what he wants, not what we want...i think that trey is trying to make pop music, rather then the jam stuff we are used to. I remember hearing/or maybe reading and interview where try said that in the later days of phish he wanted to appeal more to the pop crowd, which they tried with the undermind cd...
    i dunno, i like trey, and i am a fan of the crowes, so i don't have a problem with it...i'll believe he hit rock bottom once he starts playing with the other crow...
    Sheryl

3. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Actually, that might not be a bad idea. Sheryl Crow is a pop genius. She's done some songs I don't like but her songs never fail to chart, plus she's done some real classics. I was watching her concert for Howard Stern on Yahoo today, and I thought it was absolutely great. I thought she was a lightweight when I first heard her, but she has really grown into a great artist. So I think Trey could do a lot worse than working with her.

4. Bard2dbone

Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX

Explain this.

I actually liked a lot of Stings' solo stuff. Admittedly the older stuff was best. But he still sounds better than a bunch of the big selling stuff from nowadays.

5. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    Sting's first solo album had a couple good songs on it. Other than that, I haven't liked a single thing he's done since the Police.