Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Trey on Charlie Rose (pt. 2)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Muzique Fann, Jun 1, 2004.

1. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    This one seemed more informative to me for some reason. It was awesome when he talked about seeing Zappa and Jerry and the magic they created. Also he talked about group improvisation as opposed to one guy soloing over chords. I thought he was going to just come out and say that the Dead killed Jerry, but he wasn't that blatent. Again, he mentioned Big Cypress and that sunrise on the last day as being the pinnacle Phish moment (for him). So I guess they're actually practicing for this last run, hehehe. Anyhow, still dying to know if Mike will make a statement soon - that might put to rest this "supposed" bad blood between him & Trey. They talked about who could be the next big thing, and Trey pretty much said it's the end of an era. Charlie Rose really did his homework on this one, he seemed to know his stuff - pretty smart guy. You guys going to Coventry are some lucky SOB's (Planet Boulder's wife rocks).

2. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    I know it's strange to reply to yourself and probably nobody cares about this thread....... but I remembered a talkbass worthy comment from Trey. He said that Phish is why the 311 bassist (yes P-Nut) started playing music. Pretty random and neato, eh? He also mentioned the biggest american musical talents were Jerry, Zappa and Bobby McFerrin. Kind of odd, but whatever.

3. discoboo

discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    oh man i missed it. my local staion was running memorial day stuff and pre-empted it. darn darn darn darn. thanks for giving the jist of it though...

4. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Unfortunately, I missed this one as well. :(

I read the transcript from the first one and it was quite interesting.

Les: my wife does rock but I am a lame-___ because I probably won't be able to go. :bag:

5. jivetkr

jivetkr

May 15, 2002
    NJ
    can someone send me a copy of part 2 of the interview?

6. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    he said some interestng things, i liked how he talked about big cypress, but he didnt really answer that question of who will be next in line after phish. I would love to hear what mike has to say aobut all this too.

im pretty sure im gonna be goign to coventry, im so excited