Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Triangle Inlay P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Hella_Groovy, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Hello, I posted this in the basses forum earlier and was pointed in this direction, so...

I'm Looking for a P-Bass replacement neck, Rosewood on Maple, with the standard dimensions (9.5 radius, 20 frets, C neck, etc.) But I would love to have a Rickenbacker style Triangle Inlay and binding, unfinished, so I can shoot a matching headstock. Is there someone who makes these, or should I get a Fretless, No-Inlay Neck and send it to a Luthier? Any Ideas, suggestions, recommendations are welcome and most appreciated, Thanks!

2. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I would have to say, check out Warmoth, send them an E-mail and ask them what they can do. www.warmoth.com

3. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Thanks, I sent them an Email, but the only thing I saw on the site was Jackson style Shark Fins for guitars, so I'll just wait and see what they have to say before going any further.

4. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Just got an Email from Warmoth informing me that the shark fin is only available on guitars. What are my options here?