1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Triangle Inlay P-Bass?

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by Hella_Groovy, Oct 24, 2004.

1. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Hello, I posted this in the basses forum earlier and was pointed in this direction, so...

I'm Looking for a P-Bass replacement neck, Rosewood on Maple, with the standard dimensions (9.5 radius, 20 frets, C neck, etc.) But I would love to have a Rickenbacker style Triangle Inlay and binding, unfinished, so I can shoot a matching headstock. Is there someone who makes these, or should I get a Fretless, No-Inlay Neck and send it to a Luthier? Any Ideas, suggestions, recommendations are welcome and most appreciated, Thanks!

2. TheBassmeister

TheBassmeister

Nov 23, 2003
    Austin, TX
    I would have to say, check out Warmoth, send them an E-mail and ask them what they can do. www.warmoth.com

3. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Thanks, I sent them an Email, but the only thing I saw on the site was Jackson style Shark Fins for guitars, so I'll just wait and see what they have to say before going any further.

4. Hella_Groovy

Hella_Groovy

Aug 31, 2004
    Richmond Va
    Just got an Email from Warmoth informing me that the shark fin is only available on guitars. What are my options here?