1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tribby JB-2 Neck Swap Anyone?..............

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by Laredo, Aug 29, 2008.

1. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY
    Well, I have a brand new 3TSB Tribute JB-2 with the Maple Neck...............I was wondering if anyone out there has a new Natural one with Rosewood? Would you like a Maple neck to go with the Natural????..............My bass is new, so I was hoping to find someone else with a new neck, maybe we can trade! :)

P/S - Not my actual bass in the photos............My Maple neck looks nicer! :D

2. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY
    Would anybody be interested in a new Tribute JB-2 Natural, with Maple neck? I will purchase a new JB-2, swap necks (Rosewood for Maple), and sell the new one for a discount to who ever wants it!

$399.00 Shipped To You!!!! (Lower 48 States)..............New prices are now $599.00, so this one is a bargain, and it will be one of a kind! :bassist:

3. DavePlaysBass

DavePlaysBass Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2004
    CO
    I don't have the cash but a Tribute SB-2 with a maple neck would be unique.

4. JB-2TributeBody.

5. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY

The older Tribute's (name on bridge) may have had the option of Natural/Maple? :confused: This is basically what the new one would look like, but the bridge would just say G&L..................:cool:

6. This one's older, all right. It's a prototype.

7. Laredo

Laredo

Nov 27, 2005
    Upstate, NY
    .................See Post #2! :cool:

8. Kompressaur

Kompressaur

Aug 21, 2006
    ever since the Tribute JB2 came out with sunburst/maple and natural/rosewood only combos,I've thought they had them the wrong way round.

+1 on natural ash/maple. I had a MIK Tribute L2K like that for a while and it looked perfect

and +1 on sunburst/rosewood. again looks just "right"

my thruppence worth

KOmp

9. Revvv

Revvv

Oct 31, 2007
    Georgia
    I want that bass. It is gorgeous.

10. ric stave

ric stave

May 6, 2006
    Buffalo, NY
    That's just their way to get you to buy both (and then swap the necks...)

;)