1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Tribute by G&L L2000 controls

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by lpdeluxe, Apr 29, 2006.

1. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    I bought a new Tribute by G&L L2000, and it came with no instructions. I found a .pdf of the manual online, which does not mention electronic controls.

Luckily, I found the User Reviews in Harmony Central that listed the switch/knob functions (from front -- towards the neck -- to back -- towards the bridge): [knobs] volume, treble boost/cut (in active mode), and bass boost/cut (in active mode). The tone controls become "cut only" in passive mode. [Switches] pickup selector (neck, both, bridge), series/parallel, and passive/active/active w treble boost.

Knowing these facts makes it a lot easier to dial in a particular kind of tone. G&L, could you add this information to the package?

2. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    If any L2000 purchasers are interested, I made a drawing of the switch/knob functions. PM me and I'll email it to you as a .jpg attachment.

3. spideyjg

spideyjg

Mar 19, 2006
    San Diego
    There is a .pdf on the G&L website in support/ schematics.

Tribbys often go up and down not forward and back but the functions are the same.

Jim

4. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin'

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    Thanks. That's exactly what I needed.