1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tribute L-2000 Neck Adjustment Question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by TylerlovesAva, Nov 15, 2006.

1. I've decided changing string gauges on my G&L Tribute L-2000, and although I've owned at least one bass I can remember which had the truss rod access on the headstock above the nut (it was a Warwick, coincidentally), I can't for the life of me remember if the 'Lefty-loosey, righty-tightey' rule applies as well. As far as I know, it does on my Fender RB5, with the access on the neck heel, just not sure if it's other way 'round.

I want to turn it the least number of times possible, and of course in the right direction, so I guess I'm calling on all Tribby L-2000 owners for help. Thanks in advance!

2. Hi there. I've just sold my Tribute L2000 last month, but I can say with confidence that the truss rod adjustment is done from the headstock end in the following way.

If you lay the bass down so that the headstock is nearest to you and the body is furthest away, you will be able to see the hole for the allen key. When you insert it from this position (i.e. looking into the hole), you need to turn it to yor right to tighten (right=tight) and to your left to loosen (sorry, no rhyme for that ;) ).
    The rest .... I'm sure you know.

3. Das war alles, was ich zu wissen brauchte (sorry, still learning Deutsch ;) )

Vielen Dank, Fender32!