1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Tribute L-2500 Question

Discussion in 'G&L Bass Forum' started by ThumbFreak, Oct 27, 2006.

1. ThumbFreak

ThumbFreak

Oct 1, 2006
    I just bought a G&L Tribute L-2500 2 days ago and I absolutely love it the only thing is that the action on it is high on it and is uncomfortable for me to play it. The question is... What size of allan wrench would I need to adujust the trust rod on it? Or is it another type of tool I would need to do that?

Thanks

Ben

2. eadg57

eadg57

Sep 7, 2005
    SF Bay Area
    I believe the sizes are:

1/8" allen wrench for truss rod (relief adjustment)
    5/64" allen wrench for bridge saddles (action adjustment and saddle lock)

In my experience, the nut slots were quite high on my new Tribute L2500; a tech re-slotted these for me also helping with playability (and intonation.)

You will find many set-up tips on this forum.

3. ThumbFreak

ThumbFreak

Oct 1, 2006
    Thank you. Yes I have already started to see helpful things in the forum :hyper:

4. nig

nig

Oct 18, 2006
    south east u.k
    Hi, I personally dont fear truss rods, as I worked in a music shop and tweaked many instruments,they only need a little adjustment usually, but if you go to the g&l home page and then to tech sheets link you can download the L2K tolerances and clearances for set ups, apart from the nut as eadg57 stated, string guage preload or tension will have a bearing on neck relief also if the trib was new then it takes a few months to settle down, then a nut and fret dress is normally in order, we used to do this as a free service for our customers, finally bridge saddle height and intonation. enjoy it.:)