tribute L2000 vs. ATK

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thelastofus, Oct 18, 2003.

1. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    I want some good humbucker tone. I really like Ernie Balls and would really like to have one but I don't want to spend that much money on one. I've read a lot of good things about ATK's so I want to possibly get one of those but I've also heard some really good things about the tributes. Seeing as that I don't have a way to play one where I live I was wondering your guy's advice on the basses quality, sounds etc. I hear that the ATK does the stingray tone very very well. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. - Bret
  2. tuBass

Dec 14, 2002
    Mesquite, Texas
    I tried the G&L L2500 because I heard it did a good stingray tone. I found it rather thin, and closer to the Jazz Bass sounds than a stingray. If the L2500 did that, you might not find much luck in the tribute.
    I do hear good things about the ATK, but I also hear they are prone to neck problems.
  3. thelastofus

thelastofus Guest

Jul 3, 2002
    Bakersfield, Ca
    that's strange, haven't heard anything about the neck. i know everyone says that the input jack needs to be replaced on them though.
  4. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I really think the ATK will get you closer to that true Stingray sound. I long for an L-2000, but I do love my ATK. And I've never had a bit of trouble with the neck. Maybe you mean the American versions without truss rod adjustment?
  5. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Just to attempt to clarify on the USA ATK necks...

The necks are, in fact, adjustable for relief, just like the standard necks with the truss rods.