Tribute to my two-day bass. NBD and GBBD (goodbye bass day)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tom Henry, Dec 31, 2015.

1. yes

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  2. no

10 vote(s)
    55.6%
  3. what

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  4. carrot

3 vote(s)
    16.7%
  1. Dear bass i just returned,

I was so excited when you came via UPS, you had so much potential. You were a fretless and a precision, a rare beast indeed! You had a sexy black exterior with many matching details. But you had action like a trapeze high wire, and your truss rod wouldn't turn, even though i asked about your condition before i ordered you. Your skunk stripe was even separating from the rest of your neck!

I had big plans for you, a new geezer pickup, a badass bridge that i had saved for the proper occasion, and a recording session coming up where you were to be the star!

I took you into my guy who is good with guitars and gave your neck a proper check to verify my worst fears. You were not a keeper. Thank God for return policies.

Here is a toast to all basses that are immediately returned! Just like the new year, we are letting go and working on something newer, better, and hopefully with a neck that is true.

Cheers,

Tom

Attached Files:

Garret Graves likes this.
  2. I'm not sure I understand what the problem was. High action after shipping is not unusual given the temperature changes the bass experiences during shipping, and most truss rods can be stiff if they haven't been lubricated in a while. Did your tech verify the truss rod was broken and couldn't be adjusted?

3. yea,truss rod was shot. Would not turn, and looked like it was trying to come out the back of the neck.

4. No reason to mourn that bass. Seems like you dodged a bullet by being able to return it. Something better will come along.

bassbrad and Tom Henry like this.
  5. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
    Agreed. That's the ONE thing that's the most difficult to repair, and the hardest one to detect...UNTIL...you get it in your hands and get a wrench on it. You had every right to return it, and the seller should be ashamed for (knowingly or unknowingly) mis-representing it as "playable." No regrets.

Tom Henry likes this.
  6. i know, i was just so excited to do a NBD, and when i brought the strings to pitch i realized i might not be able to. :( I do, however, have a line an another that showed up for sale after i had already ordered this one.

jazz Bass 74 likes this.
  7. 5544

Dec 1, 2015
    Just extort the seller for money to fix it only after you break it though.

8. finfrocka

finfrocka

Jul 12, 2005
    St Charles Il
    Was this a new or used bass? That's really unfortunate...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 19, 2021