Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Tribute To Steve Harris - Iron Maiden

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Shadowbass, May 5, 2003.

1. Just a question..... What equipment would you you think was appropriate for portraying Steve Harris in a Iron Maiden Tribute Band for a live situation. A bass head with cabinets or a direct recording tool only through the PA? Would the latter show no pride or respect along with laziness or is it acceptable? I need everyone's honest opinion, what would you do? And would you feel ripped off if the direct recording tool was used with no head or speaker cabinets, and you paid to go see this tribute? Thanks for your opinions!

2. I think Mr. Harris uses Trace-Elliott amplification, if this can help. Good luck.

3. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

As long as you have a Pbass and a wedge to put your foot on, you'll be fine.

4. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    If all of you or some of you use the pa, thats fine. I would only care about how good it sounds.

5. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    While I like the idea of playing directly through a PA (No equipment to hump), I don't think I ever would do it. I saw a band last weekend in a smallish club and the bassist was playing through the PA and the one thing you don't get is bass in front of the stage. As a matter of fact, the bass sounded great in the back of the room but the first 10 feet in front of the stage was "Bass-Free", especially if you were standing in the center because the PA stacks were flanking the stage. I don't know, I prefer to have that rumble at my back when I'm on stage. I gotta feel my pantlegs shaking or I'm just not satisfied....

6. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    Yep. I agree. But you need a MIRRORED pickguard!!!!